Sunday, November 29, 2009

Ode to Black Music!!!! (Part #1)

While reflecting and watching the renewed "Soul Train Music Awards",  I am proud to see so many prominent & dominating musicians and artists alike show their amazing talents. Before this show aired, I had heared a rumor about two of the performers, Trey Songz & Toni Braxton and their connection that they had on stage.

This duo had a very nice performance but the media portrayed their as a overtly sexual but as I watched it tonite, I was expecting the worst. Even though there was mild flirtation...to me the kiss that was in their performance was still tasteful. It makes you wonder whether this was a ploy because the Trey has a CD out & Toni is also going to release an album and they used this situation to raise album sales? Or has their seductive flirtation caused her a damper in her marriage?

I'll let you decide whether this was a planned gimick for monetary gain or just a publicity stunt or was it just demeaning? Besides the kiss between Taraji & Terrance (The Host of The Show) was much more passionate (Understatment) .... LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment